Thursday, December 10, 2009

I think my water broke!


On the morning of Labor Day, September 7, 2009, we went to the lake house to go through Dave's stuff (Mike's dad). We ended up beating everyone there and had about 20 minutes to ourselves. It was so nice because we talked about Peanut and played with him in my belly. It was the last time we got to do that and it was pretty special that we enjoyed it there since Peanut is so connected with Dave. I was 37 weeks to the day. I wish we would have known that was the last time we would get to enjoy my preggo belly, I loved being pregnant!

11:15 a.m.
I think my water broke! I knew that a gush was uncommon, so I wasn't certain that it had. I mentioned it to my sister-in-law, Angi, and told her I wasn't sure, so I didn't want to say anything yet. A few minutes later I decided I was pretty sure it had, so I went to tell Mike. I said "I think my water broke." and his response was "Oh, okay." It was like I told him dinner was ready or something! I said we should probably call the doctor and get going, but I could tell it still didn't sink in. I had to explain again that it was time for baby Peanut to come!

I didn't get good cell phone coverage at the lake, so I had to wait until we left to call my doctor. I told her I was pretty sure my water broke and she said to stop at the hospital so they could check. I could tell she probably thought I was probably wrong since I was new at this.

12:30 p.m.
We arrived at the hospital where I work and went up to the Childbirth Center. They took us into one of the rooms and starting gathering stuff for the test. But at that point, it was pretty obvious that my water had broken. I was so glad that we weren't 5 minutes later than we were, we got there just in time! And I was already dilated to 3 cm!

Original Date: September 7

No comments:

Post a Comment