
After many weeks of making a little bit of progress in Peanut's room, we are finally painting! I wanted to incorporate the original lime green (it was previously my office), but Mike preferred blue. In the end I was happy with what we came up with, the lime was a bit bright for a nursery.
We are re-painting the stripes, which were a huge pain the first time. We are hoping it's easier this time. Here is my drawing of what it will look like when it's done (the big brown square represents the crib).

The dogs were in there sometimes (they've never been around paint) and eventually our happy Bear with the crazy tail brushed up against the wall and got paint on himself! Luckily it was just tacky and just got on his fur and not anywhere else.
The second night Mike was painting, he decided to do it in his Driven attire. I was a little concerned that he could get something on it, but then I forgot about it. I went in the other room to leave him by himself. Then I hear "Babe, I have a little bit of a problem in here." He was so calm, but when I went in there, I realized he had spilled the dark blue paint all the way down the front of his shirt and shorts – all over his Driven uniform!
I worked and worked on stains and was able to get most of it off. Not all of it came out and I had used Dawn soap to scrub it and it kind of lightened/bleached his clothes. I guess it could have been worse, he could have spilled it on the carpet! I was pretty proud in his 'new dad' control because he did not cuss at all when it happened :)

How does Eli like his new home??? I hope all of you are settling into your new life. Can't wait to see him again:)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Angela and Isaac too!
Hey hey Laura, I found your blog!!!!! :) I just read the post about the bunny that recently died, and I cried my eyes out. I'm so sorry, I didn't know it had been so recent!! Anyway, I just LOVE your blog, and I can't wait to see pictures of Eli on here!!! Big hugs to you guys!!
ReplyDelete<3
Faith