Friday, July 24, 2009

Peanut Edjumacation

Mike has been so great with my need to learn about caring for Peanut. We have signed up for 2 classes at other places (pregnancy nutrition and how prepare your dogs for the baby), plus 6 childbirth classes at our hospital (breastfeeding, labor and delivery, car seat safety, relaxation for labor, newborn car and newborn massage)! I figured since the hospital offers them for free when you deliver there that we may as well learn as much as we can.

Five of them are this month, so it's been a lot of hours learning about labor, delivery, newborn care, and car seats. This weekend we have the breastfeeding class and next month is newborn massage. I hope we can remember it all (or at least the important stuff) when the big day gets here!

We are still working on the nursery. I was going to incorporate the lime green from my office (which will be Peanut's room), but Mike wasn't crazy about it. I thought if we painted over some of it that it would work, but we weren't sold on the sample paint area we did. So we threw it all out the window and started over. I guess we'll be doing light blue, blue and brown (I know, very original for a boy). The funny thing is, I take pride in the fact that my house has bold colors, but now without the lime, most of the rooms are shades of blue and we also have brown/tan. So far, even though I've been spending hours in there, I only have the closet cleaned out. We still need to move my desk and futon out and then paint. We are going to do the stripes again, even though we said we would never do it again because it's so hard!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you guys on all the classes - I really enjoyed the ones Chad and I took. Soak it all in!

    Good luck with the nursery - can't wait to see it. I know it'll be awesome with you being so crafty :)

    Looking forward to seeing you soon!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete