Monday, June 8, 2009

24 week belly


I can't believe how much bigger the baby bump is after only 3 weeks! I really feel pregnant now. I have felt Peanut moving some, but it's hit or miss to feel it on the outside. Apparently, my placenta is in the front, which my doctor said not to worry, it just means that we won't be able to feel him very much.

Where are you Peanut?
I was getting worried the other day b/c I thought it had been a while since I felt him and I told Mike I was concerned. Mike put his hand on my belly and BAM! Mike felt him right where his hand was and I felt him on the other side too! It must have been a hand and foot jab to tell us "Hey mom and dad, I'm doing great in here!" It was nice to feel him and it put my mind at ease.

Peanut's party hours
I seem to feel him moving when I'm trying to finish up my zzzz's before my alarm goes off (5 - 6:30 am) and it makes it hard to keep sleeping! I demonstrated to Mike how it feels by poking his belly repeatedly and asking him if he could sleep :)

Twice in the last week while working (around 10 or 11 am), I have seen my belly move under my shirt! It's really cool, and this last time, it was so clear and easy to see (before I thought maybe I was imagining things). Peanut is a puncher! I wish Mike could have seen it though. Peanut also wakes up from 10 - 11 pm when I'm tyring to go to sleep. It ends up being good timing though because sometimes Mike can feel him.

Mike tries to wake Peanut up by shaking my belly around, but it never seems to work. It's funny though and cute!

I feel like we are really lucky anytime we feel Peanut move since we were told we might not feel him a lot. I can feel him inside more often, just not as much on the outside. But if this is not feeling him a lot, I can't imagine how much you would feel him under regular circumstances!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting on the movement! Hey, I think I had the top you're wearing - too funny! Enjoy every minute! I love that you're documenting this - it's a very good thing. Hope you, Mike and Peanut are continuing to be happy and well!

    ReplyDelete