Believe it or not, Baby Peanut has already made it on TV! We were doing a story at the hospital on Fox 59 about women's health, and my co-worker who does our media work asked if I could be the patient. It started out no big deal, she told me I wouldn't have to talk, so I imagined they would tape me and my doc talking and then do a voice over. Well, that turned into it being LIVE in studio! Then it turned into me demonstrating prenatal yoga (we offer classes at the hospital, and I've take a few)! It ended up, the day before, they requested that I instruct what I was doing and that the anchor, Angela Ganote, would do it with me. I was super nervous!
My doctor looks so cute! Mike approved of her b/c her last name has "Mazda" in it (and that's what we drive).
Pigeon pose
Crescent moon
I can't even breathe!
My yoga instructor coached me in what I could say, and I thought "Okay, I can totally do this." Well, that's before I tried doing it and talking, while pregnant! For those of you that don't know, it's hard to breathe when you are preggers (and I noticed it nearly immediately). I feel like an overweight person trying to breathe when exercising. I was getting concerned while I was practicing, because seriously, I couldn't breathe, talk and demonstrate at the same time.
I called Aimee (my co-worker) in a panic b/c my breathing (or lack there of) would make it look like even these simple, gentle exercises were hard! Aimee told me not to worry, they would have me talk the least amount possible and they could mention you are more winded in pregnancy. Whooo, I was feeling better.
Everyone, on set!
The next morning, the time had finally arrived. I was pretty nervous and Angela (the anchor) said to do some yoga stuff while she was interviewing my doctor and then she would ask me what I was doing. I was afraid I would be in the middle of a pose when she was ready and I would totally be thrown off guard, so I did some for a little bit and then just stood there to make sure I was ready when she was.
By the time they got to me, they only had had 30 seconds left!!! That was barely enough time to show them anything. I got through as much as I could (which was only about 1/6 of what I had put together). It was over in a flash! I had to wait until the next day to even see it, luckily my parents had it taped. I was really excited with how it turned out! Not bad for a yoga enthusiast.
Roll the tape...
The video is posted for the mean time, so hopefully this link will work. And remember, if you try this at home, only go as far as your body will allow, don't stretch so bad that it hurts :) I didn't have time to add that into the segment!
Look for the "pregnancy and yoga" video in the Fox 59 Morning News tab.
http://www.fox59.com/news/morningnews/
Hopefully Peanut and I won't be mobbed in the grocery store or show up in the tabloids any time soon!

How exciting, Laura! You're a movie star - how fun :)
ReplyDeleteYou did amazing!!!!! I am so impressed with how well you carried yourself on tv! You look like you have done it before!!! You look so cute and preggie too:) Way to go! How exciting!
ReplyDelete